Sunday, June 1, 2008

Vacations

Summer has arrived! And we are so excited to say those words. Well, technically, Avril has three short days of school left, but they include a picnic, a field day and then her class party. So there isn't much left. Maia finished preschool this past Friday. Her teacher awarded her the "tenderheartedness" award. She also recieved a Bible storybook for being one of two students in her class to correctly recite all Bible memory verses for the whole year. Yay Maia! She is very excited to be moving on to kindergarten next year. I am really pleased that we held her back for this year. It was a good decision.
Spanish finished for me officially last Friday (23rd). The final exam was on the previous Tuesday and then we had an open house to close out the year on that Friday. I am so pleased to be on break. It is funny how quickly taking on something like this can change your perspective on time. Pretty much the day I finished I could feel the difference. Just knowing that I didn't have to choose between preparing lessons and everything else felt really good. I am working hard to get the house in order so that when Avril finishes on Wednesday we can enjoy our summer.
I am eagerly anticipating lots of fun time with Adrian and the girls. We hope to have many days at the pool and beach and other family outings. This will be our first summer where there are no babies or baby schedules to work around. Eowyn still naps but can easily skip them. So there are many possibilities for day long outings. But mostly I just look foward to the time. I want to be quick to put down the laundry (or whatever) and play the game or read the book and just cherish the summer we have.

No comments: