Sunday, August 31, 2008

Future Grammy Winners?

The other night Maia asked me to type a song that she had created. I was doing well keeping my composure and acutally was impressed until we got to the end. Then it was effortful to keep typing with a straight face. But I truly appreciate and am so thankful for Maia's heart desire that was driving her song. In some ways it is so beautiful to me.
So of course Eowyn had to have her song that she'd written (how coincidental) typed up too. That one was MUCH harder to keep a straight face. Honestly, the first line I thought was funny but amazingly profound and wondered all the way through line 2 if we had a prodigy on our hands. But then it came back to reality. I was crying when she had Adrian sing it (since of course she can't read her song that's just been typed up.) I've been laughing all weekend thinking about it.

These are just too classic not to share. So here you go.

I Will Worship You, God
by Maia 8/29/08

I will lift up your heart
You will be my home
You will be my home
I will be in your heart
You will be in my heart
I will never turn back
I will never turn back
I can worship your name
I will love you forever and ever
I will never turn back from the only One
I will lift up your heart
I will lift up your heart
I can worship from the heart
I’ll never be able to turn back from you
I’ll stay with you; I will not stay with Satan
In the only Word, I will be in your heart
In your heart I will do anything for you
God is better than Satan
I can never ever believe that you’re my father


Untitled Song
by Eowyn 8/29/08

I’m not your house
You can never turn back
You are my best friend
I will never come back
And I can come back another day
Soon I can come back
I can be best friend if you want
Or I can be your church singer
Or I can be your best friend in the whole wide world
And you can be the singer
Or my teacher
Or my dancer
Or my video putter-in
You and I have to go
Bye
And then I can come back another day
And but you can be my game player when I come back

1 comment:

amandajohns said...

So precious! Thanks for sharing. It was good to talk with you this afternoon. I miss you and your whole family terribly!