Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Eowyn!!
















































































Eowyn is 3 years old today. This is so hard for me to grasp. My baby cannot already be moving into this stage of little girl. She should just be turning one, right? Here we are though, three years have passed since Eowyn came into the world--fast and furious. Most of you already know the story. For those who may not, let's just say that I made it to the hospital, but she was born before I got into the hospital gown. Actually, I think fast and furious is a good description of Eowyn. She most certainly is strong-willed ("I do it mysef!") and can be very destructive when she so chooses. But she is such a joy and full of life. She loves to be silly and make you laugh. I love, love, love to watch her wiggle. She can really shake her hips! :) Eowyn is a blessing and our family is infinitely richer with her in it.
We had the birthday party for her yesterday afternoon. Our family came over and we had a lovely time. We ate ham, corn on the cob, green beans and biscuits for dinner. Eowyn determined a long time ago that she was having a flower cake. So after dinner we opened presents and had flower cake and ice cream. Eowyn received new sand toys, a Cinderella gown and tiara, a tutu--her favorite, several toys and a Dora lunch box.
Today she has played with several of the new toys with her sisters, ate birthday muffins and we even had Wendy's for dinner--her choice.

Happy Birthday my precious Eowyn! We love you so much!!!


***Concerning the pictures above: the first two are just to remember July 16, 2004; most are of Eowyn at her party with family; there is a four-generation picture of my grandmother, my mom, myself and the girls; Eowyn, the beautiful ballerina birthday girl

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Lauren,

You look amazing and I found your blog through Amandas! Can't wait to keep up with you. Love you and miss you!

Jenn said...

And Happy Birthday Eowyn! I can't believe you are already three either. :)
Also, don't you think it will drive Amanda crazy how I put Amandas on my last comment? hee hee :)
And lastly, I just scrolled through your posts and loved what you wrote last month about being a mom. Very helpful and a timely word for me, thanks!

amanda said...

Happy Birthday Eowyn!!!

What a great and SPECIAL picture of the generations!! Please tell Grandma Happy, Happy Birthday for me, on friday.

I absolutely love the last pic of Eowyn - so her!