Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pool Time

My friend, Amanda, is so cool and posted a blog about swimming with us at the pool. (Check out her site at http://mifabfive.blogspot.com/) So I thought it would be a good idea to put some of my pictures on this site to compliment her pictures. My girls and I love to have Amanda and her four boys join us at our community pool. All winter long Avril, Maia and Eowyn ask when the pool will open so we can swim with the boys. This summer it is really noticeable that our kids are getting older. They are stronger swimmers and eager to do those things that kids so enjoy at the pool (jumping off the side for hours, swimming in the deep end, diving for sunken treasure). Before long Amanda and I will be able to sit in the lounge chairs, sipping umbrella drinks (jj!) and just relax and chat while the kids are swimming. That is a fantastic thought! The Johns are dear friends whom we treasure in our hearts. We will miss them greatly when they move.
**Concerning the pictures below...Avril swimming; Amanda and Cai; Anderson laying down by the pool--sweet; Everyone eating lunch; Trevor, Maia and Eowyn eating a snack; Ryan flexing his muscles; Is it a mermaid? Is it Nessie? No, it's Amanda swimming a lap!

1 comment:

Billie said...

I just found your blog by way of Amanda's. I am so glad you started one. It is fun to keep up with you. Your girls are so cute. I wish I could join you all at the pool. Miss you.